"The Alliance helped make our dreams as an emerging program come true. Without the Alliance, everything would have been ten times harder."
Join us for the Alliance of Artists Communities' Emerging Program Institute from April 18-20, 2017, hosted at the S&R Foundation in Washington, DC. If you are interested or involved in launching a new residency program, you won't want to miss this! This training combines best practices from the arts-and-cultural sector with specific, hands-on information about artists' residencies.
Whether you are still in the early dreaming stage of creating an artist colony or working with an established institution that is developing a new residency program, the Emerging Program Institute will offer models for success, a community of peers, and access to residency leaders, funders, and connectors.
- community engagement and the relevance of place
- building a support base and funding your program
- equity and access in artist outreach, engagement and selection
- business planning for artist residencies
- "ask an expert" panels of residency leaders, lawyers, artists and government funders
- case studies, site visits - and more!
Registration is now open
PLEASE NOTE: We cap attendance at 50 people to keep the program participatory and accessible. This Institute sells out every year, so we encourage you to register early to secure your spot!