Artist Trust is a not-for-profit organization whose sole mission is to support and encourage artists working in all disciplines in order to enrich community life throughout Washington State. Artist Trust is recognized as a national model for direct funding and professional development of working artists, and has invested over $10 million in individual artists throughout the state since its inception in 1986. Artist Trust actively seeks to be equitable, accessible and inclusive in its service to individual artist of all disciplines, ethnicities and geographies in Washington State.
Job Summary: The Communications Manager is responsible for increasing the visibility of Artist Trust through the creation and dissemination of promotional and outreach materials, for both online and in-person audiences.
Reports to: Operations Director
• Develop and implement strategic communications plan, strategy and calendar for Artist Trust in coordination with program and development efforts, and monitor success;
• Coordinate all communications for the organization;
• Work with the Artist Liaison to manage outreach, and messaging;
• Maintain and refine website;
• Produce, design, oversee production and distribute print and online collateral materials including, but not limited to: Artist Trust brochure; branding initiatives; office collateral; special event invitations; videos; Auction materials; program invitations; press releases; blog posts; and bi-weekly e-newsletter;
• Regularly enhance Artist Trust’s digital footprint through creating social media content on outlets including the Artist Trust blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in innovative and effective ways;
• Interview, hire and manage interns to assist with design and communications;
• Coordinate and enhance media relationships statewide, including generating press releases; pitching stories; coordinating press interviews; managing press contacts in database; and maintaining press clippings archive; and work with the Sponsorship Manager on media sponsorships;
• Manage style and language standards for all print and online materials and review all materials before they are distributed;
• Serve as back-up spokesperson for the organization;
• Oversee the annual communications budget;
• Other duties as assigned by Operations Director and/or CEO.
• Passion for and commitment to Artist Trust’s core mission and goals
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Adaptability, creativity and innovativeness
• Proven teamwork and collaboration with humor and an unstoppable penchant for success
• Excellent communication skills; a readiness to share information; an approach that seeks, values and incorporates advice
• Emotional intelligence and cultural competence
• Passion for and commitment to racial equity in the arts
• Resourcefulness, with the ability to adapt to rapid change and anticipate opportunities
• Availability for statewide travel and availability for evening/weekend meetings and events
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum three years’ experience in an office setting providing support and/or administrative assistance, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
• Strong computer skills with MS Office, Raiser’s Edge (or similar database), HTML; knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• $30,000-33,000 DOE plus benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter stating your interest in the position along with your résumé and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search will be ongoing until we find the perfect match. Special consideration will be given to letters of application and résumés received by 8am Monday March 27, 2017.
Artist Trust is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a racially diverse workforce. People of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply.