Headlands Center for the Arts seeks a dynamic candidate to create proposals and reports that illustrate Headlands' unique programs to current and future funders. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, a creative thinker, and a keen strategist, with a strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Requirements include knowledge of Bay Area funders and experience working with project budgets, specifically in the arts.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, results-driven, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and never misses a deadline
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience in non-profit fundraising preferred
• Mastery of Microsoft Office or the equivalent is required; familiarity with Filemaker Pro or other database software strongly preferred
• Due to our Marin Headlands location, reliable vehicle access is required
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Institutional Funding (regional, foundation, government and other partner support)
• Generate LOIs, grant proposals, project budgets, and all funder reports
• Manage grant calendar, and coordinate project funding conversations cross-departmentally
• Conduct prospect research, including corporate partnerships
• Coordinate funder meetings, when appropriate
• Schedule quarterly membership communications, track and measure success
• Provide data analysis to demonstrate results; provide reports for review and decision-making
• Project manage Headlands’ year-end annual appeal process and mailing
Organization/general development administration
• Maintain development database of individual and institutional members and donors
• Work with Headlands’ business office to manage processing and tracking of grant payments
• Project manage Headlands Annual Report
• Manage funder crediting for print and web
• Complete foundation surveys
• Provide support for Development team, including occasional event support
• Employee needs to be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Due to the location of our campus, employees must drive and have a vehicle.
Compensation and Office Culture
• 11 paid holidays annually
• Three weeks paid vacation per year, increases to four weeks at year 2
• Medical/dental benefits paid 100% by employer. Kaiser HMO and Delta dental both effective after one full month of employment
• Flex spending (Health savings account) and 401K plan available, employee contribution only
• Fast-paced convivial work environment in beautiful natural setting
• Dynamic creative community and direct access to working artists; access to local and organic food program
• Like all of Headlands staff, this position serves as an ambassador for the organization and may be asked to engage directly with the visiting public
SCHEDULE: 40hrs/week (1FTE); salary commensurate with experience. Some evening and weekend hours required.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a single PDF attachment that includes a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should be: Development Manager/your name.
Full position description is available on our website: http://www.headlands.org/headlands-information/employment/