Anderson Ranch Arts Center is seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications to plan, implement and manage all aspects of marketing, communications and public relations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience in marketing and public relations, with a strong interest or experience in the nonprofit sector, particularly in the visual arts. This position requires excellent organizational, writing, project management and communications skills. In addition, the position requires an astute understanding of digital marketing tools and strategies, including email marketing, SEO, SEM and social media.
The Director of Marketing & Communications develops and executes marketing and promotional strategies that achieve the organization’s goals for increasing visibility, participation and support for the diverse programs of Anderson Ranch. This position is part of the leadership team at Anderson Ranch and reports to the Executive Director. It collaborates closely with the Artistic Directors/Program Chairs and the Development team and manages the Senior Creative Manager and Graphic Design & Marketing Assistant.
This position is responsible for establishing strategic direction in line with Anderson Ranch’s long-range plan, developing media plans and budgets, and maintaining a consistent brand presence in all forms of print and digital communication. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate for Director of Marketing & Communications will have:
- Experience driving results through PR and marketing activities, employing creative and strategic thinking to solve problems and be an effective team player.
- Strong combination of analytical and creative skills, with a passion for technology and drive to innovate and find efficiencies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and extensive experience in both writing and copyediting (press releases, blog posts, web content, eblasts, social media, marketing materials).
- Professional demeanor with ability to clearly articulate ideas and communicate effectively with all audiences of the Ranch to implement projects; audiences can include Artistic Directors, Studio Coordinators, administrative staff, Board of Trustees, donors, guest faculty and speakers.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills; ability to effectively multitask and manage a broad spectrum of responsibilities.
- A keen attention to detail and desire for excellence; impeccable proofreading skills.
- Well versed in digital and social media strategy and tactics; proven ability to engage and grow audiences online.
- Create the overall strategy and messaging for ongoing marketing activities, in line with organizational goals and marketing department budget.
- Oversee the design, production and distribution of all marketing materials, including print and digital communications.
- Develop media plan and manage advertising placements.
- Drive and manage digital marketing efforts, including SEM, SEO, email marketing, social media and website, to support Ranch activities.
- Manage public relations, including writing and dissemination of press releases, field all media inquiries, pitch/secure story placements in effort to increase local, regional, national and international awareness.
- Direct and manage key vendors and marketing partners.
- Develop relationships with community partners to increase brand visibility and reach.
- Execute and/or oversee the documentation (photography/video) of all Ranch events and activities for marketing purposes.
- Manage the marketing department's annual budget and expenses.
- Four-year college degree and at least 10 years of experience in marketing and public relations, preferably with a nonprofit organization in the visual arts. Master’s degree a plus.
- Management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, AfterEffects), Microsoft Office, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo) and web development.
- Experience with HTML and sophisticated Content Management System (CMS) and database/query management.
- Experience managing photo shoots/photographers and video shoots/video editing.
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining calm, coordinatedwork environment.
- Strong design sense and strong desire to be creative.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to multitask with keen attention to detail.
- Impeccable project management skills and strong self-starter. Ability to work independently and in teams.
- A passion for the arts is a must!
Compensation and Benefits
Anderson Ranch Arts Center offers an excellent and competitive benefits and
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Individual health insurance coverage
- HSA funding
- Option to opt into a dental and vision plan
- Retirement plan with year-end discretionary match
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include
in subject line: Director of Marketing & Communications Job Application. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the ideal candidate is selected.
This job summary is not to be interpreted to be all-inclusive. It is intended to
identify the essential functions and qualifications of the job. The applicant may
be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those
stated in this job description. Certain functions not explicitly stated above are
nevertheless understood to be essential to this position. Anderson Ranch is an
equal opportunity employer.