The American Craft Council is seeking a talented, self-starter to oversee and maintain the information infrastructure for a membership based national nonprofit public educational organization. The Information Technology Manager acts as the webmaster, administrator for the association management and content management systems and all other mission critical information systems. This position works closely with all departments and to ensure full utilization of available technology.
- Oversee and maintain network hardware and infrastructure performance through the implementation of best practices, network security and other performance enhancing strategies
- Manage information technology budget and vendor support contracts and relationships
- Manage software licensing and keep all software licenses current.
- Develop and implement improvement plans for information system upgrades
- Administer Mitel VoIP phone system and copiers
- Manage technology processes to comply with PCI DSS requirements
- Lead and administer all digital systems that support and integrate with the organizational website
- Oversee website development strategies and vendors that assist in the development and hosting of the site. Monitor and enhance website security
- In collaboration with organizational leaders, manage the ongoing website development process and initiate strategies to enhance user experiences
- Facilitate content strategy efforts together with staff members. Implement changes/modifications as needed.
- Monitor website analytics
- Lead database administration efforts with association management system.
- Assist staff with implementation and utilization of the database system to meet business requirements
- Draft and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient and consistent entry of mission-essential data to support business requirements
- In collaboration with others, assist with downloading database information and reports
- 7+ years’ experience in a comprehensive technology role including; network administration, website strategy/management experience and database administration
- Bachelor degree or equivalent technology experience required
- Previous experience in working in a Drupal content management system is preferred
- Previous experience working with a remote team in an Agile environment is a plus
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strategic-minded, yet passionate about planning and executing tactical workload; ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to thrive in new role and drive results in an ever evolving environment
The American Craft Council is a national, nonprofit public educational organization founded in 1943 by Aileen Osborn Webb. The mission of the Council is to champion craft. Programs include:
- the bimonthly, national award winning magazine American Craft,
- annual juried shows presenting artists and their work in Baltimore, Atlanta, St. Paul and San Francisco,
- leadership conferences on craft and educational workshops and seminars held online and in communities across the country
- the American Craft Council Awards honoring excellence
- and a nationally recognized research library in Northeast Minneapolis
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lindsay Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application by December 12, 2016.