Halcyon seeks and celebrates creativity in all forms and galvanizes creative individuals aspiring to promote social good. We bring together diverse groups of changemakers in art and social enterprise and provide a safe haven for their bold ideas to take flight. Halcyon offers an ecosystem of advocacy that encourages socially engaged creatives to learn, freely experiment, sometimes fail, and advance their talents and visions. In doing so, we foster new pathways to knowledge and resources, and help innovators transform their inspiration into impact.
The Program Director will work closely with the CEO, managing and overseeing the development of the Halcyon Arts Lab, a residential fellowship to be launched in 2017 that will provide a series of robust supports to socially engaged artists. In addition to leading the development of all aspects of the program, The Program Director will act as an ambassador for Halcyon Arts Lab, representing the program to national and international stakeholders, partners, and potential investors.
A successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Plan the delivery and execution of the Halcyon Arts Lab program and its activities in line with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Establish ambitious short and long term program goals in consultation with the CEO.
- Develop the roles and responsibilities for two program committees: an advisory committee and selection committee. Employ industry knowledge to recruit active committee members who will contribute to the program as partners.
- Work with communication partners to establish clear messaging about the program for all internal and external communications.
- Develop a comprehensive application and selection process for Halcyon Arts Lab, setting clear expectations and requirements for applicants. Oversee the application process and internal review stage with the Arts Assistant.
- Line manage the Arts Assistant position providing clear goals, objectives, and project deadlines. Work effectively with the Artistic Director of Halcyon Stage to allocate equal program responsibilities to the assistant position.
- Work with the CEO, Artistic Director, and Halcyon Incubator Program Director to create and foster synergies between Halcyon programs
- Develop, manage and be accountable for clear program budgets, actively monitoring expenditure and reviewing variances where they arise.
- Identify and actively develop partnerships that support the goals of the program. Manage relations with current organizational partners.
- Work with the Arts Assistant to establish a framework and application process for the high school-mentorship program.
- Develop a comprehensive program curriculum for fellows. Work with fellows to establish project plans and deliverables over the course of the fellowship.
- Build in accurate tools for gathering both quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure individual fellow’s project impact and overall program achievements.
- Maintain relations with fellows at the end of each program to foster a strong alumni network.
- A BA degree or higher
- 3-5 years of experience in high-level management of arts programs, preferably with an interdisciplinary focus.
- A passion for the arts across disciplines and a strong commitment to supporting emerging individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientated, and able to work with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, work environment
- Excellent social skills and an ability to work proactively with artists and liaise with donors, sponsors, and other professional colleagues.
- Able to work weekend and evenings as required by program responsibilities.
Visit http://halcyonhouse.org/ for the full job description and to learn about our core programs.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: inquiry[AT]halcyonhouse[DOT]org.