Art Farm is the perfect place for creating: lots of wind, lots of bugs, lots of birds, lots of old buildings, lots of old machines, lots of hot weather, lots of big storms, and lots of isolation. Surprise yourself and apply—it could be just what you’ve been looking for.
Marquette, Nebraska: United States
- Residency Length: 2 weeks to 5 months
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 12
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 56
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 200+
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Art Farm supports families/partners with up to two children by offering approximately 2000 square feet of studio and living space consisting of kitchen, bath, sitting and dining, two second floor private bedrooms and a fourth floor master bedroom with panoramic views of the countryside. The studio is on the third floor.
- Application deadline: March 01
- Application Ongoing: No
- Additional deadline info: Deadline is March 1 for residency applications Deadline is March 15 for intern applications
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private bedroom in a shared housing facility
Three accommodations: a 100+-year-old 3-bedroom farmhouse with shared kitchen, bathroom and sitting room; 4 story barn complex with 3 three bedrooms and shared kitchen/living/bath, wireless internet; a 125-year-old, 3 story, 3-bedroom farmhouse, with larger rooms used as studios, shared kitchen/bath in walk-in basement,wireless internet. Laundry equipment in utility rooms in all accommodations: furnishings and linens provided.
- Meals: No meals/food provided
During the growing season, produce is available from an organic garden and if the chickens cooperate, there are eggs. Organic grain and dairy products are available from local farmers.
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet, Ethernet provided in common area, Ethernet provided in living or studio area
- Accessibility: no
Some studios are, some studios can be adapted on demand. Walk-in basement as part of one of the accommodations.
- Studios/special equipment: Book Arts, Ceramics / Pottery, Exhibition / Installation, Heavy metals / Blacksmithing, Painting, Photography (non-digital), Sculpture, Woodworking
- Additional studio information:Ceramics/pottery studio (1 gas and 1 electric kilns, pug mill, electric wheel), metal (heavy fabrication and precision) equipment, woodworking (construction and furniture), letterpress, and tractors with loaders, earth-movers, and pickup truck for outdoor projects.
- Other facilities and services: Tons of materials of all description and some empty buildings, waiting to be renovated, can be used as installation or performance sites.