Literary, visual, and performing artists worldwide are welcome to apply for monthly residencies. The center supports an exchange of ideas through opportunities to participate in workshops and exhibitions. The fantastic landscape offers inspiration to all and subject matter to others.
Special cultural programs are available during each month (visits to the top of the sacred Mount Subasio, the Hermitage, Domus Romane, Roman Forum, Studies about Giotto's paintings and other Masters at the Basilica of St. Francis).
Opportunities to apply for exclusive residency programs and the International exhibitions:
• Program one to one: to combine weekly residencies at the Writing residency in Assisi town, UNESCO World Heritage Site, with weekly residencies at Arte Studio Ginestrelle in the forest of the Regional Park of Mt. Subasio.
• Program for writers and artists who desire to stay in the residency located in the heart of Assisi, in a privileged position next to the Church of "Santa Maria delle Rose" and close to the Cathedral of Assisi "San Rufino", in the heart of the historical town. The Roman Empire built a Temple (I century B.C.) in this site.
• Program for writers and artists who desire to stay in the residency located in the heart of the Regional Park of Mt. Subasio, surrounded by the natural forest and ancient sanctuaries, along the Franciscan paths
The weekly residency fee ranges between 250 - 350 Euros according the length of the residency and type of accommodation
Arte Studio Ginestrelle can assist artists seeking grants or other forms of funding in their home country/institution, by providing an invitation letter when a candidature is accepted.
The residency Arte Studio Ginestrelle is equipped with private accommodation and sharing studio/workspaces
The writer/artist who will be selected for both of our residencies is invited in taking part in:
• the International Contemporary Art Exhibitions 2017, at the prestigious gallery in Assisi and in other Italian and International venues.
• the cultural activities, which will be organized every week for resident artists by the board members of Arte Studio Ginestrelle (as tours focused on the historical and artistic heritage of Assisi).