The Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for creative talents from national to international art related fields, for short stay or specific projects. BCS also practice and promote sustainability by launch art projects within the community to bring awareness about the environment, global warming and sustainable living.Since 2009, Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) has launched a residency program. It aims to provide time and spaces for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach projects, collaborations or research. In recent years, we have devoted into issues about ecology, community and the sustainable development in nature. For instance, we expect to raise awareness of local people toward environment through art projects “Landscape between Art Veranda Project” and “Plum Tree Creek Environmental Art Action”, etc.
2017 Creative Talents Program
We had celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2015. In that year, we held a retrospective exhibition, a series of side events and Booboo incubation project. Each events are linked to the slogan “Share, Connect and Co-create” and the theme of the year “ Social Change”. In 2016, we continued to deepen the idea of Social Change and entitled the program as“Creative Collaboration as Catalyst for Change”. We have invited more than 20 artists to develop this concept via varieties of projects. In 2017, we would like to continue the same topic and invite more creative talents to emphasis on social change. If you are interested in society engagement and would like to see something change through your project, please contact us.
To apply for BCS Creative Talent Program, please follow the instruction below:
- 2017 Topic Creative Collaboration as Catalyst for Change
- Eligibility：BCS residency program is open to all professionally established visual artist, performer, curator, and researcher, both individual and group. Emerging artists are also welcome to apply. We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross discipline, ecology and environment, and community engagement projects. All applicant must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
- Application Period：available from now till 14th Nov(Mon)
- Duration of Residency：Selected artist may choose their two month free residence space or one month free exhibition space from January -December 2017. (more welcome to choice the first half of the year)
- Support for Selected Artists：BCS will provide either 2 months residency accommodation or one month exhibition/ performance space for free. BCS do not have funding program. BCS will provide recourses or connection for incoming resident. One artist talk is required.
- Artists’ Responsibilities：Round-trip airfare, meals, transportation, material fee, etc.