The Edward F. Albee Foundation exists to serve writers, visual artists, and composers from all walks of life, by providing time and space in which to work without disturbance. Using only talent and need as the criteria for selection, the Foundation invites any and all creative artists to apply.
Montauk, New York: United States
- Residency Length: 1 month
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 1-5
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 20
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 300
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: Must apply and be accepted individually
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Talent and need are the only requirements. Applicant should be of high school graduate age or older.
- Application deadline: March 01
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private bedroom in a shared housing facility
Writers receive a large bedroom with bed and desk. Visual artists receive a smaller bedroom and large studio.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Residents make own meals and are responsible to obtain their own groceries.
- Companions: Pets Allowed
Spouses/partners and children allowed for visits only. Daytime guests are allowed any day of the week. Overnight guests are limited to weekends.
- Accessibility: no
The residency is maintained in a very rustic space. Accessibility issues are best determined on a case by case basis.