Located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, The Polygon Gallery (The Polygon) is a vibrant art institution that inspires cultural insight through adventurous programming. A non-collecting public art gallery, The Polygon is committed to championing artists and cultivating engaged audiences, with a mandate that centers on the histories and evolving technologies of photography, film, and video.
North Vancouver BC
Please apply by email with your cover letter and resume by no later than Saturday, October 15th, 2022. Send to: Polygon@searchlightpartnersgroup.com
For more information on the role, please visit our website.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for a visionary chief curator to help shape the future of a significant west coast gallery. The Audain Chief Curator (“Chief Curator”) will mentor and lead programming staff and will provide guidance and direction as The Polygon continues to expand its commitment to the development of lens-based practices and new artistic narratives. The Chief Curator will advocate and champion The Polygon’s commitment to accessibility and inclusivity.
• A minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience at a contemporary art institution., with experience in curating exhibitions, and/or gallery development.
• A passion for contemporary art and familiarity with artists working across a range of disciplines and contexts.
• The vision and ability to re-imagine programming a contemporary gallery to provide relevance to its community.
• An ability to set clear strategic goals and execute on them.
• A proven ability to lead, motivate, and develop a committed team of staff.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity for engaging, persuading, and inspiring a broad variety of audiences, stakeholders, and partners.
• Knowledge and understanding of the use of digital media, and an interest in creating dialogues between virtual and in-person platforms.
• Entrepreneurial approaches to programming a unique gallery in a contemporary context.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with national and international artists, partners, donors, and funders.
• Experience effectively developing and managing a budget, with an ability to make difficult choices where necessary.
• A commitment to Equity, Indigeneity, Diversity, and Inclusion.