CAMPO is a creative institute that supports international artists and cross-cultural collaboration by providing residencies for committed visual, literary, musical, digital and culinary talents from around the globe in a unique rural setting in Uruguay.
CAMPO offers uninterrupted time and space for personal work and reflection, and serves as an incubator for creative thought, cultural exchange and community engagement.
Please visit campogarzon.com for more info.
If you are interested in the position, please send the following materials to Gaby Ravier:
firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, your relevant experience, your interest in working with community organizations and people of all ages on public art projects and more.
- Writing sample (press release, academic article, journalistic writing)
- Graphic Design Samples (2-4)
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references
Start date: August 1, 2022
CAMPO is hiring a full time Communications and Programs Coordinator for 35 hours (approx 5 days) per week. The position is in-person with occasional remote work, in Garzón, Uruguay. The Communications and Programs Coordinator is responsible for shaping CAMPO’s public-facing presence, working closely with staff to facilitate communications and programs, and serving as a local referent for residents and friends of CAMPO in Garzón.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the President and the Operations Director, providing administrative, programmatic, and logistical support, while ensuring effective and efficient operations for all communications and programs. The candidate should have a collaborative nature, great organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to multitask. The candidate must have strong digital and graphic design skills, and be bilingual in Spanish and English. Familiarity with arts, arts activism, social practice art, public art and community-based art are all prerequisites. The position requires an open, caring, honest and hospitable disposition, as well as the ability to set boundaries. Preference may be given to candidates with previous experience in arts organizing and coordination of events. Early career professionals are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow for someone ready to step into this role as a member of CAMPO’s team in this pivotal moment in the organization’s history.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in graphic design, informed, creative, and proactive. We strongly encourage applicants who are practicing artists, organizers, or arts educators with experience building interdisciplinary partnerships and/or community organizing.
- Excellent skills in graphic design and video editing.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign, Premiere Pro).
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills in Spanish and English. Must be comfortable with longer curatorial writing and shorter text for social media and promotional material.
- Experience in non-profit arts programming, art production and/or management or equivalent.
- Proficient in social media, email marketing, and website platforms (eg. Instagram, Medium, Squarespace, Robly, Later)
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends for special projects and events.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-based setting.
- Relocation to Garzón or its proximity.
- Comfortable with research and outreach to new contacts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Collaborative and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, comfortable with technology and able to adapt to new software and systems, able to meet deadlines, able to respond to market forces and to imagine new directions.
- Enthusiasm, collegiality, creative approaches to problem solving, and a sense of humor are welcome.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to CAMPO’s mission.
- Excellent time-management and people skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a composed, focused, affable, and courteous manner.
- Ability to act with excellent judgment and diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality.