The Bodecker Foundation partners with professional artists, writers, musicians, and educators to design and lead high school students in immersive program experiences in the areas of music, skateboarding, art, and design, among other disciplines. Threaded throughout is an interdisciplinary practice that encourages collaboration and inclusivity. We know from experience that sometimes, when your artistic expression isn’t fully recognized by the people around you, you can feel like you’re on the outside looking in. At Bodecker Foundation, we call young people in, encouraging and validating their creativity and right to be who they are.
Online applications only, please no email or paper submissions. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please describe how your experience and interests are a fit with the Bodecker Foundation’s goals and mission for the future as described in this announcement. Please visit the URL below to apply.
Applications received by March 11 will be given full consideration; early applications are strongly encouraged! All applications will be acknowledged via an email receipt. Consideration will be given to applications as soon as they are received; interviewing will begin in mid-March.
As the Bodecker Foundation’s first Director of Advancement, you will bring your development and marketing expertise to our organization and help us create a development and communications strategy that clearly reflects our purpose and connects with our community. Your leadership will help us to shape the many creative and exciting possibilities for our future into actionable and sustainable plans.
As Director of Advancement, you will report to the Co-founder/Trustee of NMB, and will also work closely with the Board of Directors of SBP and the program staff. So although you will be an advancement department of one, you will not work all alone! The Bodecker team is committed to working together and supporting each other to do what is needed to serve our mission and all the young people in our programs.
The Bodecker Foundation’s first Director of Advancement will have a passion for the transformative power of creative and artistic pursuits for young people. We are seeking:
- An experienced development professional with 5+ years of experience in advancement work
- A strategic thinker who can see the big picture goals and help design a plan that gets us there
- A collaborative team player who can work in close partnership with the Co-founder/Trustee to raise money together, and who is comfortable working independently as the only dedicated advancement staff at this time
- A confident asker who ideally has experience making six-figure asks
- A compelling storyteller who can clearly articulate NMB and SBP’s impact to different audiences, including donors, school partners, and community leaders
- A creative fundraiser who is able to both pull from traditional fundraising experience and ideate on innovative ways to inspire a unique set of donors and funding partners
- An experienced communicator and marketer who is comfortable creating content for donor outreach
- An entrepreneurial builder who understands that growth may take time, and who is willing to stay the course, try new approaches, and see things to fruition
At the Bodecker Foundation, we recognize that there are many potential paths to success in life, and everyone has strengths and areas to grow. If you can see yourself in this list and as part of our team, we hope you will apply!