RYSE is a safe and welcoming center for diverse West Contra Costa youth (ages 13 to 21) that seeks to build youth power and leadership towards the larger vision of personal and community health and transformation. Grounded in social justice values and principles, RYSE provides comprehensive and holistic programming and promotes multi-racial, cross-cultural relationships. RYSE opened its doors in October 2008, and features programming and services across areas of community health; education and career; juvenile justice; media, arts & culture; and youth leadership and organizing.
In 2019 RYSE launched RYSE Commons, a youth-designed expansion project to deepen our presence as a cultural, health, and resource hub for West Contra Costa County. RYSE Commons reflects the dreams, vision, and support of young people, their families, and the larger community. To learn more please visit rysecenter.org/rootedandrysing.
RYSE’s Media, Arts, & Culture Department Overview:
In service to RYSE's Theory of Liberation, the Media, Arts, + Culture (MAC) Department promotes personal healing, social justice, and community transformation by facilitating young people's innovative creation of personal, political, and expressive media and art to shift the narrative about our youth.
For the full job description, please visit rysecenter.org/job-openings
We will be reviewing resumes on an ongoing basis until the position is filled, however, we would like to have this position start by March 2024. Please send a cover letter, resume, three video samples, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Video Production Specialist. Video samples can be shared as links in your resume or a Google Drive folder with the files. Samples should be no longer than 10 minutes each and can include one TikTok or Instagram Reel.
Please do not embed your resume and cover letter in the email, it will not be reviewed.
The Video Production Specialist (VPS) will be a highly skilled professional, that will support RYSE youth in identity cultivation, personal and community expression, intro and advanced digital media skill building, and work to promote young artists advancing racial justice, safety, equity and liberation.
The position is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of video production programs and projects that are grounded in video storytelling. The VPS will facilitate a youth-centered atmosphere that supports RYSE members interested in undertaking personal, group, and professional video projects. The VPS will partner with other Departments in youth-led video projects that lift up the dynamic and diverse work that young people are undertaking across the RYSE system.
The VPS will be the staff lead for internal RYSE video projects and will work closely with the communications team to create videos highlighting RYSE’s dynamic programming. The VPS must remain technically proficient in production equipment and post-production software in order to ensure RYSE’s programs meet the current and future digital media production field.
- 2-3 years working within video production (must provide 3 sample projects)
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Tiktok/Instagram Reels
- Experience with Canva and Pro Tools is preferred but not required
- Strong interest in youth development
- Able to work in a fast-paced multicultural youth environment
- Experience/desire working with youth peers from the diverse communities of West Contra Costa (or similar community)
- Ability and interest to work in partnership with both youth and adults, and support diverse arts practitioners
- Strong organization, oral, interpersonal, communication skills: ability to manage time, meet deadlines, work well independently and in a team-oriented setting, and set priorities in an adaptive, fast-paced and responsive environment
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy: word-processing, excel charts, and other work-related applications
- Commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- Willing to adapt scope and responsibilities as needed to effectively achieve RYSE’s mission and best serve the priorities, needs, and interests of members
- Must be fully vaccinated, booster included (when applicable).