The Artist Family Residency supports Artist Parents and Artist Youth alike with a one-week residency at Franconia during July. We support connection and creative expression for creative families.
Coinciding with our Youth Installation Summer Camps, Artist Youth are invited to enroll in camp during the day while the Artist Parent can be on-site for research or production. For Artist Parents, this is a self-directed residency. The Artist Family benefits both from the individual creative process and also through togetherness. A culminating Parents & Community sharing of Summer Camp Works provides a joined capstone experience for the Artist Family.
Residency Experience Summary
- Artist Parents must be 21+ years of age, showing a professional working history of making art.
- Artist Youth must be between the ages of 8 – 13.
- Artist Teens must be in 9th – 12th grades.
- Artist Parent receives a $2000 unrestricted stipend.
- Room and Board provided.
- Free Youth Installation Summer Camps for (1-2) Youth aged 8 – 18.
- Artist Family receives a curated itinerary of a day out around the area.
- 10 percent discount from Franconia Commons Gift Shop
- Access to the Twin Cities arts community
- Able to return as a Franconia alumni member.
- Each Artist Family selected may bring up to two children.
- Attend the full residency length of a minimum of one week.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission via the Submittable application platform.
- FREE to apply for the first two weeks.
- Franconia Alumni pay a reduced application fee of $15.
- Applicants must pay a fee for each residency they apply for.