Asia Culture Center (ACC) is pleased to announce the International Open Call for ACC Residency 2022. Applications are currently being accepted online with a submission deadline of June 13, 2022. Under the theme of Post-COVID-19 Era, Posthumanism, ACC Residency 2022 seeks to interrogate issues such as the Fourth Industrial Revolution in the contactless era, the changes in the notion of labor brought about by the digital transformation and the new relationship between humans and things (the post-human). The Residency consists of five categories: Art & Technology, Visual Arts, Design, Theater, and Dialogue and is opened to all creators and researchers who have experience and capability to propose and implement a project exploring the theme. ACC will support selected participants with workspaces, accommodation, a grant of KRW2,000,000 per month, and research/project funding up to KRW 10,000,000 for Researchers and up to KRW 50,000,000 for Creators. In addition, ACC will offer various resources from seminars, workshops to consulting sessions with experts as well as production facilities and audio-visual equipment in ACT Studio. ACC will work closely with the each participant and projects developed throughout the 5-month residency will be presented through showcase, exhibition and performance in December. For more information and to apply, please visit ACC’s website.
Application Period: Monday, 23 May ~ Monday, 13 June(6:00 p.m. KST), 2022
Apply online at www.acc.go.kr
※ Submitted documents will not be returned. Submission should be made before 6:00 p.m. (KST) on the deadline date. Once submitted, it cannot be modified.
※ We advise early submission before the deadline to avoid any problems that might arise from traffic increase on the last date.
Residency Experience Summary
- Individuals/groups capable of planning, producing, and undertaking a project in keeping with the nature and purposes of ACC, the residency programs, and the resulting exhibition.
- For international applicants, good communication skills in Korean or English.
- Foreign nationals with a visa valid for the period of participation in the residency.
*Please be noted that there are additional eligibility requirements for the Dialogue category.
1. 3+ years of experience in the relative field
2. Publication of at least one thesis, critical essay, or book in recent 3 years (after Jan 1, 2019)
3. Those who can carry out advanced research on and write about their specialized field combining art and culture
4. Those who are not affiliated with any other organizations or businesses (until the date of application)
- Art & Technology: Shared studio(ACT Studio)
- Visual Arts: Individual studio(Asia Plex Studio)
- Design: Individual studio(Labs in ACC)
- Theater: Shared practice room and rehearsal room (ACC Theater)
- Dialogue: Individual studio(Labs in ACC)
1. ACC Creation: The ACT Studio and the Exhibition Spaces in ACC Creation are a lab-based platform for content production and creation tasked with organizing and developing content that combines the humanities, the arts, and the sciences.
2. ASIAPLEX STUDIO: As the annex of the ACC opened in 2015, the AsiaPlex Studio is run for the purpose of supporting the creative activities of the ACC and building up a platform for domestic and foreign artists for their creative activities. Consisting of a total of three buildings (A, B, and C), it provides subsidiary facilities such as 35 guest rooms & studios, galleries and a multi-purpose hall.
3. ACC Theater, Asia Culture Center: Practice room and rehearsal room in the ACC Theater
Fees and support
-One round trip airfare (economy class, only for international applicants)-Grant(Living costs) : Maximum KRW2,000,000/month-Support fund for Project/research
- Art & Technology, Visual Arts: Maximum KRW 20,000,000(for individuals), Maximum KRW 50,000,000(for group)
- Design: Maximum KRW 20,000,000
- Theater: Maximum KRW 15,000,000
- Dialogue: Maximum KRW 10,000,000