Nocefresca is a residency that brings together artists, designers, writers and creative nomads from around the world. Our objective is for artists to focus on their projects while experiencing the inspiring environment of Sardinia island, Italy, rich in nature, history and culture.
Away from the constraints of everyday life and far enough from the pressures of big cities, each participant can have access to a fully equipped workplace, accommodations and professional support.
As a Nocefresca resident, you will be encouraged to self-direct your research with curatorial assistance, initiate new projects and explore original ways of working. Together with you, there will be other artists constituting a vibrant small community of different ages and geographical origins.
In this way, artists will have access to the experiences and activities that best support their artistic growth. With Nocefresca, participants can find professional support for the development of their projects regardless of the outcome, even in the delicate initial phase when any result is still uncertain.
Stemming from an exploration of the artists’ practices and interests, Nocefresca designs a tailored programme of activities that reflects the unique locations and creative opportunities available in Sardinia. This allows participants to delve into their work as a self-directed experience with weekly opportunities to engage with the other residents and local community through collective activities, conversations, workshops, explorations of the local cultural scene, visiting guests and much more.
We are happy to announce our 2023 Open Call to the Nocefresca Residency Program.
2nd October 2022
17th October 2022
Milis, Sardinia (Italy)
Residency Experience Summary
This program is perfect for (but not limited to) visual artists, designers, digital creative professionals, researchers, architects and writers with no restrictions on age or geographical origin.
Private room with private bathroom + private studio
By choosing this option, you will sleep in one of our shared apartments (max 4 people), enjoying a private bedroom with a queen size bed for single use and a private bathroom.
You will also have 24/7 access to a private studio located in Casa Bagnolo, 5-minute walk from the accommodation.
Private room with private bathroom + private studio + Oaxaca studio garden (80 sq m outdoor shared workspace)
By choosing this option, you will sleep in one of our shared apartments (max 4 people), enjoying a private room with a queen size bed for single use and a private bathroom.
You will also have 24/7 access to Casa Oaxaca, 5-minute walk from the accommodation, where you will be able to use a private studio and a communal outdoor workspace shared with another artist. This is an 80 sq m area in a private courtyard with a garden and provided with a canopy for shade. It is ideal for working with bulky materials, using toxic substances or simply spending more time outdoors.
The fee includes:
- Accommodation (as described previously)
- Studio space (as described previously)
- Outdoor spaces: free access to spaces available for outdoor work in the internal courtyard of the artists studios building.
- Bicycles: each artist will have free access to the shared bicycle set for daily use during the stay, based on the equipment existing at that time.
- Curatorial and production assistance: invitation letter for funding requests, pre-departure residency plan, individual and group meetings, assistance in finding materials and supplies, for authorizations and licenses and support in interacting with the community.
- Purchase of equipment: for the first years, a budget is foreseen to equip the residency with artistic tools and equipment of lasting nature which purchase will be agreed in advance with the participant who will use it for the entire duration of the stay. Consumables are excluded. The ownership of equipment will remain to Nocefresca.
- Workshop: the artists will have the opportunity to participate for free in any workshops promoted by other artists in residence and/or eventual ones specifically organized with the collaboration of Nocefresca's partners.
- Insurance: insurance coverage for the work spaces. Medical insurance is not included and it is under the sole responsibility of the artist.
- Events: opportunity to show the work in progress and the productions during open studios on October 30th 2022 and/or public meetings.
- Archive: publication of the profile in the Nocefresca online archive.
Nocefresca residency programs are currently not sponsored by funders or donors. However, in case of selection, we will be glad to assist you in the process of applying for funding by providing a formal letter of invitation and, if necessary, a personalized and official residency plan and budget.
We are always in search of partnerships to offer fully or partially funded residencies.
In case an opportunity came up, we always publish on our website and social channels.