Since 1982, Atlantic Center's residency program has provided artists from all artistic disciplines with spaces to live, work, and collaborate during three-week residencies. Each residency includes three master artists of different disciplines. The master artists each personally select a group of associates - emerging and midcareer artists - through a competitive application process administered by ACA. During the residency, artists participate in informal sessions with their group, interact/collaborate, and work independently on their own projects. The relaxed atmosphere, unstructured program and lush, unspoiled environment provide considerable time for artistic experimentation, exploration and creation.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida: United States
- Residency Length: 3 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 25
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 115
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 600
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Master Artists set criteria and select 6-9 Associate Artists with whom to work.
- Application deadline: February 02, March 23, May 18, November 17
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
Housing has air conditioning/heating, work desk, small refrigerator; no wireless internet access.
- Meals: Some meals are provided
Almost all meals are provided. Vegetarian and nonvegetarian options at all meals; local/fresh/organic ingredients emphasized; special dietary needs addressed on individual basis; weekend meals not provided; twice-weekly trips to grocery store arranged.
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared), Computer and internet connection provided in living or studio area (private), Wireless Internet, Ethernet provided in common area, Ethernet provided in living or studio area
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Four housing units are dedicated to individuals with limited accessibility.
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Fiber arts, Film / Digital editing, Music studio (non-recording), Music recording studio, Painting, Photography (digital), Theater, Printmaking, Sculpture
- Additional studio information:Communal studio space with 24-hour access.
- Other facilities and services: Laundry facilities, local pay phone, fax/copier service, bicycles/locks available. Twice-weekly trips to local stores provided. Recreational outings arranged as desired.
Stipends / other support
Additional expectations / opportunities
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168