Since 1982, Atlantic Center for the Arts Master Artists in-Residence Program has provided artists from all artistic disciplines with spaces to live, work, and collaborate during three-week residencies. Each residency includes three master artists of different disciplines. The master artists each personally select a small group of emerging and mid-career 'Associate Artists' - through a competitive application process administered by ACA. During the residency, the selected 'Associate Artists' work independently on their own projects, participate in discussions with their Master Artist and others in their group, as well as interact or collaborate with artists in other disciplines. The relaxed atmosphere, unstructured program and lush, unspoiled environment provide considerable time for artistic experimentation, exploration and creation.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida: United States
- Residency Length: 3 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 24
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 94
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 400
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Master Artists set criteria and select a maximum of 8 Associate Artists with whom to work.
- Application deadline: September 20, December 06, January 24, May 15
- Application Ongoing: Yes
- Additional deadline info: Residency Deadlines ongoing. View Schedule at http://www.atlanticcenterforthearts.org/master-artist-residence-schedule To receive our free monthly email newsletter visit http://www.atlanticcenterforthearts.org/join-email-newsletter
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
Housing has air conditioning/heating, work desk, small refrigerator; private bathroom w/shower, and hi-speed wireless internet.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Meals: Weekday meals are provided Vegetarian options at all meals; local/fresh/organic ingredients emphasized; special dietary needs addressed; weekend meals not provided; twice-weekly trips to grocery /drug store arranged
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Four housing units are dedicated to individuals with limited accessibility.
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Fiber arts, Film / Digital editing, Music studio (non-recording), Music recording studio, Painting, Photography (digital), Theater, Sculpture, Woodworking
- Additional studio information:Communal studio spaces with 24-hour access.
- Other facilities and services: Laundry facilities, local pay phone, fax/copier service, bicycles/locks available. Twice-weekly trips to local stores provided.
Stipends / other support
Additional expectations / opportunities
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168