We aim to offer artists a level of support that is commensurate with the certain value you add to our culture. This means that in addition to the private use of a modern live work space filled with art and antiques, artists receive travel and living stipends, free marketing, free utilities, and even free tickets to other art organizations and events. Residencies are one month (though more time can be requested if a proposal warrants a longer stay). For information about residency and application requirements, visit www.surelsplace.org/residency All Applicants must be:25 Years or Older Non Smokers
Boise, Idaho: United States
Surel's Place is a residency program that offers private use of a modern live-work space in Garden City, right by the Boise river and minutes from downtown Boise via bicycle on the river path. Boise has a surprisingly engaged and sophisticated art community that welcomes our residents with warmth and enthusiasm, and we are lcoatedat the heart of the Surel L Mitchell Live-Work-Create district, which offers special zinging o encourage artists and artisans to live and create. Nearby, you'll find a glass blowing studio, a furniture maker, an architect, and Telaya Wine Co.'s tasting room.
To see a video about the property and locales, view our movie at https://youtu.be/LDgpN22j_fc
- Residency Length: 1 month
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 1
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 10
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 30
- Artist Status: Mid-career Artists
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: Must apply and be accepted individually
- Additional eligibility information:
--25 Years or Older
- Application deadline: March 01, September 01, March 01, September 01
- Application Ongoing: No
- Additional deadline info: Deadlines: We have two annual application deadlines: --September 1: for residencies from January through June of the following year. --March 1: for residencies from July through December of the same year.
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
- Meals: No meals/food provided
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet
- Companions: Spouses/partners allowed for full stay
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
There is a wheelchair ramp and all doorways are wide enough for a wheelchair. Outlets are higher than normal. The shower is a walk in shower with a built-in bench and hand held shower head.
- Additional studio information:There is large, light-filled studio with 15-foot ceilings, a large easel, two flat work tables, a large sink and storage.