Wildacres offers one week and two week residencies in three cabins located about 1/2 miles from the retreat. The setting, solitude, and relaxed atmosphere at Wildacres promotes peace and allows the resident total freedom to accomplish what they wish. Wildacres built two new cabins in 2013 to expand our program to about 70 residents per season. One cabin has a loft to accommodate two people collaborating on a project and the other new cabin is fully ADA compliant.
Little Switzerland, North Carolina: United States
- Residency Length: 1 and 2 week
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 3
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 71
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 274
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Residents are eligible for two residencies at Wildacres in any four-year period.
- Application deadline: January 15
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
The cabins are fully furnished and all linens are provided.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Vegetarian and special diets are available with prior notification. Cooking facilities available in each cabin.
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared)
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Living quarters, studios, and public areas are accessible.
- Studios/special equipment: Ceramics / Pottery, Fine metals / Jewelry making, Painting, Printmaking