Dues = $500 - 5,000/year, based on residency budget
(see details below)
Not sure which membership category is right for you?
Compare eligibility and benefits here.
An organization or program that has as a primary purpose the support of artists and creative thinkers in the development of new work.
The Alliance of Artists Communities encourages the following standards for Organizational Members:
- Organizations/entities provide dedicated time and space to artists/creators of any discipline for the development of new creative work
- Artists/creators are "in residence" for a finite period of time
- Artists/creators are chosen through a selection process (whether by open application or invitation)
- Residencies are provided for free or are significantly subsidized
- Program promotion: online profile, deadline announcements, listings in monthly e-newsletters, inclusion in publications, and other PR, with international distribution to artists, funders, the press, researchers, and others
- Consulting with Alliance staff
- Research: free benchmarking data and other research specific to the field of artist residencies
- Invitations to special events
- Discounts on publications and registration to annual conferences, regional meetings, and institutes
- Eligibility to receive grants from the Alliance
- Fiscal sponsorship for start-ups and organizations outside the U.S.
- Online posting of news, jobs, and blogs on the Alliance website
- Participation in special issue groups (e.g., Urban Residencies, Art & Ecology, Social Change Residencies)
- Alliance Organizational Member mailing list
- Voting on issues of Alliance policy and governance
- Alliance partner discounts, including health insurance, professional development opportunities, and more (see what's available to Alliance members through our partners)
HOW TO JOIN
To join online, calculate your dues amount and enter the correct amount in the box above
To join by mail or fax, please download the membership form and return the completed copy to us.
Dues = $500 - 5,000/year (based on budget*)
- Budget < $350,000 = $500/year
- Budget $350,000+ = budget x 0.00175 (not to exceed $5,000)
*If your residency program is part of a larger institution, you may calculate dues based on your residency program budget only.Note: Alliance membership is based on the calendar year. Renewals are sent out once annually, though you may choose to renew later in the year.
Small residency programs working collaboratively may qualify for Cohort Membership