An art residency provides the technical conditions, time, and space to develop ideas and try new approaches. It is a moment that promotes connection between artists from different backgrounds and consequently the exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Aviário Studio Artist Book Residency aims to promote the exploration and production in the Artist Book field. Artist books are consensually understood as an object that takes the shape or the dynamics of a book, and is made by an artist. There are many ways to conceive a book, and given the multidisciplinary features of Aviário Studio, it is possible to pursue very distinct paths.
The program is customized according to each artist’s goals regarding duration, outcome and focus. We offer the conditions to test possibilities and materialize ideas. On one hand, it can be a moment of transition, more connected to experimentation, research and learning new techniques; on the other hand, it can be the point of consolidation of a project translated into the production of a new body of work.
Residency Experience Summary
- Artists have to make sure when applying that they are able to cover the costs of the Residency fee, travel, materials and food.
- Artists must be over 21 years old at the time of their arrival.
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Birth Date
- Brief description of your project
- Summarized Work Plan for the duration of the residency
- List of equipments/tools needed
Residency Fee includes :
- accommodation in a shared house,
- studio access during opening hours (Mon.-Fri. from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- technical assistance
- weekly project discussion
- exhibition for residencies lasting 1 month or more
2 weeks - 540 €
3 weeks - 790 €
4 weeks/1 month - 1040 €
5 weeks - 1290 €
6 weeks - 1540 €
7 weeks - 1790 €
8 weeks/2 months - 2040 €
9 weeks - 2290 €
10 weeks - 2540 €
11 weeks - 2790 €
12 weeks/3 months - 3040 €
4 months - 4040 €
5 months - 5040 €
6 months - 6040 €
At the moment we do not have any grant available, but we encourage artists to apply for external financial support.