BCA Playwright Residency
The BCA Playwright Residency is designed to support emerging playwrights by providing office space, rehearsal and performance space, marketing support, professional mentorship, access to community partnerships and workshops, and a platform for creating and producing innovative work.
In addition, this residency is designed to cater to each individual artist’s needs and help further their creative process. The playwright must create a new work while in residency.
Program applications will be evaluated based on an artist’s demonstration of the following 5 pillars:
- Experimentation – Does the artist’s practice display innovation, openness to new ideas, perspectives and techniques?
- Responsiveness – Is the artist’s work relevant, topical, in dialogue with issues of contemporary interest?
- Balance – Does the artist think holistically about the relationship between art and life?
- Community Engagement – Does the artist demonstrate a willingness and aptitude for significant give and take exchange among colleagues and audience?
- Potential Impact – How does the artist articulate the impact of access to their artistic career?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PLAYWRIGHTS WHO:
- Are committed to incubating a new work
- Have written a complete work (short or full length play)
- Interested in presenting their work at a final staged reading at the end of the residency
- Playwrights local to Boston and surrounding areas
539 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116