Earlier this week, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) announced 846 nonprofit arts organizations that have been recommended for grants through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
The Alliance of Artists Communities (AAC) is thrilled to be an awardee, alongside 26 AAC member organizations across 16 states.
Grantees were selected from 3,100 eligible applications requesting $157 million for the $45 million available in direct assistance. Overall funding is divided nearly evenly among small, medium, and large arts organizations. Additionally, 18% went to organizations either in rural (non-metro) areas or in metro areas with populations below 250,000.
"All of us at the National Endowment for the Arts are keenly aware that arts organizations across the country are hurting, struggling, and trying to survive and that our supply of funding does not come close to meeting the demand for assistance," said Arts Endowment Chairman Mary Anne Carter.
AAC member organizations recommended for funding include:
- Atlantic Center for the Arts (New Smyrna Beach, FL)
- Anderson Ranch Arts Foundation (Snowmass Village, CO)
- Coleman Center for Arts And Culture (York, AL)
- Djerassi Resident Artists Program (Redwood City, CA)
- California Institute of the Arts (aka CalArts) (Valencia, CA)
- Serenbe Institute for Art, Culture and the Environment (Palmetto, GA)
- Hambidge Center for Creative Arts & Sciences, Inc. (Rabun Gap, GA)
- Surel's Place, Inc. (Boise, ID)
- Chicago Artists' Coalition (Chicago, IL)
- Hyde Park Art Center (Chicago, IL)
- Ragdale Foundation (Lake Forest, IL)
- Antenna (New Orleans, LA)
- Jacob's Pillow (Becket, MA)
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (Boston, MA)
- Anderson Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (Red Wing, MN)
- Franconia Sculpture Park (Shafer, MN)
- Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts (Omaha, NE)
- Women's Studio Workshop (Kingston, NY)
- Flower City Arts Center (Rochester, NY)
- Mount Tremper Arts (Mount Tremper, NY)
- CEC ArtsLink (New York, NY)
- Light Work (Syracuse, NY)
- Penland School of Crafts (Penland, NC)
- City of Asylum Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts (VCCA) (Amherst, VA)
- Wormfarm Institute (Reedsburg, WI)