An art residency provides the technical conditions, time, and space to develop ideas and try new approaches. It is a moment that promotes connection between artists from different backgrounds and consequently the exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Aviário Studio Ceramics Residency aims to promote the exploration and production in the Ceramics field. The program is customized according to the participating artist’s goals regarding duration, outcome and focus. We offer the conditions to test possibilities and materialize ideas. On one hand, it can be a moment of transition, more connected to experimentation, research and learning new techniques; on the other hand, it can be the point of consolidation of a project translated into the production of a new body of work.
Specific Equipments Available:
- Gas Kiln (1100º) 90x90x90 cm/35,43x35,43x35,43 in
- Electric Kiln (1200º) 70x50x40 cm/27,56x19,69x15,75 in
- 2 electric Pottery Wheels
Residency Experience Summary
- Artists have to make sure when applying that they are able to cover the costs of the Residency fee, travel, materials and food.
- Artists must be over 21 years old at the time of their arrival.
To apply please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Birth Date
- Check-in and check-out dates (for us to confirm availability)
- Accommodation: Would you like to stay at Aviário Studio House? If yes, please choose from a shared bedroom or individual room. Will you bring a partner?
- Choose your residency: Self-directed Residency, Guided Art Residency or Assisted Production Residency
- Brief description of your project
Residency Fee includes :
- accommodation in a shared house (optional)
- studio access during opening hours (Mon. - Fri. from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- 1 hour of technical assistance per day
10 (2 weeks) 280€
15 (3 weeks) 410€
20 (4 weeks) 540€
AVIÁRIO STUDIO + HOUSE (shared room)
14 (2 weeks) 540€
21 (3 weeks) 790€
28 (4 weeks) 1040€
AVIÁRIO STUDIO + HOUSE (individual room)
14 (2 weeks) 680€
21 (3 weeks) 980€
28 (4 weeks) 1290€
Meals and materials not included. We will give you a precise quotation for your residency after your application.
At the moment we do not have any grant available, but we encourage artists to apply for external financial support.