- Art Omi: Architecture is the first residency program of its kind in the nation, inviting 10 early- to mid-career architects from around the world to develop their work during a two week residency on Art Omi's campus in June. Art Omi: Architecture aims to nurture experimentation at the intersection of architecture, art and landscape.
- Art Omi: Artists invites artists from around the world, representing a wide diversity of artistic styles and practices, to gather for four weeks each summer to experiment, collaborate and share ideas. Concentrated time for creative work is balanced with the stimulation of cultural exchange and critical appraisal.
- Art Omi: Dance brings together ten accomplished dance artists from around the world for three weeks of creative exchange in late July. Residents experience each other’s creative process and the freedom to play in this in this collaborative residency program.
- Art Omi: Music invites approximately twelve musicians and composers from around the globe to come together for two and a half weeks in August for a uniquely collaborative music making residency.
- Art Omi: Writers, formerly known as Ledig House, hosts authors and translators for two weeks to one month throughout the spring and fall. The program’s strong international emphasis provides exposure for global literary voices and reflects the spirit of cultural exchange that is essential to Art Omi’s mission.
1405 County Rte 22
Ghent, NY 12075
Residency Program Information
Residency Program Summary
Please see artomi.org for additional sponsorship opportunities.
Two of three dorm buildings for residences are not accessible. The downstairs of the community house is accessible, except for the bathroom.
Upstairs of the Studio Barn is currently unavailable. Art Omi is in the early stages of construction for an elevator and ADA compliant restrooms in the Studio Barn.
Housing & Accomodation
Art Omi's communal residency spaces are currently partially accessible.
Studio & Facilities
- Art Omi: Architecture: Each resident is provided their own desk space at the Studio Barns to use for the duration of the residency. A printer/scanner with 11x17” printing capability will be available, and prints both B&W and color. We offer a large shared table with cutting mats, various knives, and other small tools. Art Omi provides a modest $50 materials allowance.
- Art Omi: Artists: Each resident (or team) is given their own studio at the Studio Barns with two clip lights, a power strip, a fan, large table, and two chairs. Art Omi has several printers, speakers, small monitors, and a limited number of tools: a chopsaw, table saw, grinders, sanders, a drill press, compressor, a generator and hand tools. We do not provide nails, screws, paint, or other consumable items. Art Omi has a small kiln for those working in ceramics. Residents are expected to return their studio in the same condition in which it was received. With the exception of some special sponsorships, Art Omi does not provide stipends for materials.
- Art Omi: Dance: Two dance studios with Marley Dance floors are located on the second floor of our Studio Barns. There are also many unconventional spaces available for site-specific dance throughout the grounds of Art Omi, and residents will be encouraged to use the entire property during residency. There will be shared portable bluetooth/CD players available for residents to use, as well as a sound system on the second floor of our Studio Barns.
- Art Omi: Music: The Studio Barns are set up with sound systems on the first and second floor. Art Omi does not provide instruments for sole individual use, however we do have some keyboards, pianos, and percussion instruments available to share.
- Art Omi: Writers: Each resident is provided an additional bedroom to use as working space.