Emerging Program Institute (EPI), an annual training program hosted by Artist Communities Alliance (ACA), supports people and organizations in the early stages of creating a residency program.
This three-day intensive includes faculty-led sessions, artist presentations, interactive exercises and group discussions to provide attendees with the strategies, tools and networks to develop and strengthen all elements of their program utilizing ACA’s Five Pillars of Healthy Residency Framework: Identity, Design, Operations, Resources, and Stewardship.
Past institutes have included:
- Guest presentations designed to share field knowledge and case studies from a range of residency programs;
- Tours of programs and venues;
- Interactive exercises and prompts to help participants reflect, vision, and plan; and
- Small-group discussions to facilitate problem-solving and networking;
Topics explored during EPI sessions include:
- Community engagement and relevance of place;
- Resource-building to sustain residency programs;
- Equity and access in artist outreach and selection; and
- Business planning and ongoing assessment
For questions about EPI, please contact programs [at] artistcommunities.org.