This week-long residency for Minnesota parent-artists offers the opportunity for single parent artists and artists who wish to bring their spouse/partner and 1-2 children. The residency enables these artists to focus on their work while the child/ren enjoy age-appropriate, supervised activities onsite and in town. Daytime youth activities are supervised by a childcare professional for a portion of the days.
- Identify as a parent artist
- Reside in the state of Minnesota
- Children must be between the ages of 6-13
June 21st-27th, 2024
Residency Experience Summary
Artists over 18 years of age living in Minnesota, who are also parents of children living at home are invited to apply.
In order to accommodate varying family circumstances and needs, we have 3 opportunities for parent-artists to be in residence for the week:
* a single parent-artist brings 1 child (age 6-13) with them for the residency
* a parent-artist brings their spouse/partner and 1-2 children (ages 6-13) with them for the residency
* a couple where both parents are artists apply to be in residence with 1-2 children (ages 6-13)
Lodging is provided; food is purchased and prepared by the artist-family; no additional fees are charged to the artist-family
Programming activities are made possible in part by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.