La Napoule Art Foundation, with the support of Fondation David R. Graham, is pleased to bring together Canadian artists of all genres to a new residency program in which artists will receive inspiration, support, and opportunities for career growth, while strengthening the intercultural connection between Canada and France. Canadian resident artists’ works will be shared and promoted through exhibitions at the Château.
Residency dates: November 4 - December 2, 2024.
10 Canadian artists per residency (20 per year) will enjoy an extraordinary cultural experience to practice their art in the company of other artists in a castle in the South of France.
Acceptance into this residency includes a generous travel and material stipend, room and board, studio space and time and space to create in an awe-inspiring locale.
Established and emerging Canadian artists from any discipline are encouraged to apply.
Residency Experience Summary
Applicants must apply through SlideRoom.
The Canadian Artist Residencies are open to all emerging and established Canadian artists over the age of 18 with no limitation on artistic discipline. Participants are expected to be able to communicate effectively in English or French.
- Artists may apply once every calendar year.
- Due to the historic nature of our facilities, we regret that the Château and Villa are not handicapped accessible at the present time.
- Couples must apply separately. There are no provisions for family, friends, children, or pets at the Château.
Applications are reviewed by an international panel according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of artistic vision as articulated in the artist statement and work samples
- Persuasive evidence that the applicant is committed in purpose and practice
- Clear evidence that the artist works at a professional level in his/her/their field
- Indications that the applicant is moving forward with a project; and of the significance and critical role that the residency at La Napoule will play in that project
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment that encourages interaction with other artists
- Appropriate adherence to application guidelines
We offer fee waivers to applicants with demonstrated hardship. Please email email@example.com for help with this.